Monday, February 22, 2010

Signargues Cotes du Rhone Vieille Vignes 2007

This is my second bottle apparently. I won't read what i wrote the first time until i dissect this sample. I like this although as usual with Cotes du Rhone, it's on the rustic side. The nose is intriguing though confounded by the damn dish detergent at 1114 Rhode Island, which has flowers/nuts. Trying to get underneath the detergent, impossible on the nose, but on the palate it's quite silky and has the voluptuousness I associate with grenache. I believe since it's called granacha it's all grenache. The fruit on palate is blackberry/blueberry with a hint of cedar and licorice, decent acidity and enough tannin to keep and perhaps improve and round out the wine for 3-4 years. I'd give it 88 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment