Thursday, October 7, 2010

2004 Mas Doix Salanques

I've had this one before and found it good but not great. A year ago (see 7/9/09 entry) it was better. Mas Doix of course, the first wine, is about as sublime as a Priorat can get. Time in bottle has enhanced this Salanques considerably. Now it offers a bouquet of blueberry, cherry vanilla, cream, violets and lavender, and hazelnut. Tannins even softer than before; acid still healthy but in no way excessive in light of the ripe fruit. It's just a wee bit restrained and will no doubt blossom in another 6-12 months. I had only a small glass so it's under gas and refrigerated, and we'll see how it fares in 24 hours. I have to note the similarity of my notes this time and from July 2009. I do think 94 points is about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment